San Gabriel

Samples of animals that formed the indigenous habitat; ceramics, a paleontological section and a select exhibition of armament of soldiers from our past, are one of the strongest of the Museum attractions. There, too, are the first programs of bullfights in the monumental Plaza de Toros of the Real de San Carlos. The museum itself does not have a defined main objective, since in it, in addition to the countless samples that we emphasize, is a collection of stuffed birds, another of vinchucas and butterflies; without neglecting the maps and affluent fans of the era. In the palaeontology room, there is a Glyptodont armour and a skeleton of Lestodonte found in the area. Its interior is embellished by fine decoration and suggestive. The visit to the Municipal Museum becomes unpredictable, because calls us to find us with traces of an indelible past of this river plate corner. Tile museum. Where they join the Paseo de San Gabriel and the street of the missions of the Tapes, is a Portuguese ranch with over three hundred years of life in which time has not worn their shapes and their moldy tiles.

An impressive collection of tiles, is found there, highlighting the first facts in the Uruguay in 1840, along with other French and catalan origin. It was opened in 1988. Original, much of the floors and walls are preserved. Its restoration was a cultural investment made by Citibank, which has contributed a perfect fusion between architecture and nature, giving it a particular harmony to its facade and surroundings. Regional Archives. In street missions of the Tapes No. 115; There is a place where lies an authentic and stately mansion of Portuguese style of the year 1750. There lies the essence of the story, there, in what House palaces, is called today completely restored and recovered, are deposited the originals of the letters of Governor Vasconcellos of the year 1735, the Missal of the chapel of Narbonne, watercolors and lithographs of the year 1839, and other documents that stand out as a true gem.